Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Joy of Transcribing

So today Diana had us start a new project because we finsihed our ethics of rearsearch traning Monday! WOOHOO! However the next project is - transcribing. GRRRRR. I knew it would be hard writing every word. Including the ums's and the uh-huh's and the oh's. Thankfully Uncle Joe showed us something called VoiceWalker. It's really cool it loops a certain amount of seconds over and over for you. VERY HELPFUL :) It helped me to speed up the process a lot! And the interview is really interesting. It's very personal and like my own personal audio book really lol. Also today we talked about whether or no we'll be albe to do our focus group next week. I think we need more time becuase I haven't really read the recruitment script yet, eeeeeeeeek :/ Well Diana's supposed to email us with updates so hopefully it'll get pushed back. That way we have more time to prepare and recruit. Then we'll have a more successful and meaningful focus group. Well I'll get back to transcribing. Oh the joy of transcribing!

No comments:

Post a Comment